1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
The guy doing the video did not seem well prepared and was ad-libbing it... badly.

Looks like a real PITA to use.

I have my iPod in an otter box (maybe Pelican) that has a dry 3.5 mm pass through, a rubber insert to hold the various iPod models, and a lid that seals shut. It is all mounted on a Pana-Vise (Like Ram, but better IMHO) mount on the factory GPS mounting point. The 3.5 mm feeds into my comm system and I can work the so much more intuitive iPod interface without dining around with all of those silly key sequences... unless I am wearing gloves!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I agree that the guy seemed like he was in a hurry and didn't have it together on the video. The thing that was interesting was that it was usable with the handle bar controls, but just like anything it probably would take some getting used to, like the voice control system in my new honda accord....

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I agree with you, Rich, very cool that it could be controlled from the handlebar controls and readout on the LCD. Wonder if they have an interface for '05 and newer.

i also agree that one could get used to all of the sequences, but if the guy who sells them and works with them on a regular basis keeps getting tripped up when single-tasking, I fear it would be terribly distracting, and perhaps quite unsafe, to use whilst riding.

But that is just me... I have no doubt many people may well warm up to the idea.

Was (is) there not an interface that plugs into the CD Changer connector in the side case? The name ICE comes to mind, but with my C.R.S. flaring up, confidence is not high on that. :rolleyes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts