BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like the rain may quit late wed morning and again on thursday. Anybody going for a ride? I am heading out to poker game this evening but will check here in the am.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thursday Looks Best

sanjaun2 said:
It looks like the rain may quit late wed morning and again on thursday. Anybody going for a ride? I am heading out to poker game this evening but will check here in the am.
Brian,

What direction are you thinking of heading? Thursday has the best forecast down this way.

Dan

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lets make it thursday since its 4:11 am and i'm still playing cards

·
Registered
353 Posts
Looks like Thurs is open for me to ride. I went out for a bit on Xmas day and it was great, the roads were empty. Still a bit sandy in many areas, but hey, it is winter. Any idea where you are heading? Not that it really matters.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about a warm clam chowder lunch on the coast? Maybe Long Beach or ocean shores.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Seattle Trip

Boy would I love to join you guys, but not sure we can, what with Family in town and all. However, Marilyn and I are going to be heading up your way this Saturday on a Ride West trip. Hope to be up there around 10:00 AM Sat, and will probably hit South Sound that afternoon on the way home, so if you're out and about on Sat look for us! I'll get the first cup!

John

·
Registered
505 Posts
MMMM ...... Chowder

sanjaun2 said:
How about a warm clam chowder lunch on the coast? Maybe Long Beach or ocean shores.
Brian,

How about Dooger’s in Long Beach????

Dan

·
Registered
353 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
Works for me. No preference as to which town, I'm not very familiar with either.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a good enough place. I will google it so I know where it is. How does 12:30 sound. I will be taking the backroads from tacoma. Across the narrows then back roads from there. Anyone that wants to tag along feel free. Dan, I am sure you will take a different route from your area. Pm me with your phone number, I can't find it. Darrel, will you be going hwy 8 to hwy12? I could meet you at the little gas station /convience store just off 12 in Brady just west of Satsop.(Just east of Montasano) On the monte brady rd.

·
Registered
505 Posts
See you there!

sanjaun2 said:
Sounds like a good enough place. I will google it so I know where it is. How does 12:30 sound. I will be taking the backroads from tacoma. Across the narrows then back roads from there. Anyone that wants to tag along feel free. Dan, I am sure you will take a different route from your area. Pm me with your phone number, I can't find it. Darrel, will you be going hwy 8 to hwy12? I could meet you at the little gas station /convience store just off 12 in Brady just west of Satsop.(Just east of Montasano) On the monte brady rd.
Brian,

Sent you a PM. Look forward to a nice ride and chowder at Dooger’s. Anyone in this area want to join in on the fun?

Dan

·
Registered
353 Posts
sanjaun2 said:
That would work for me. What is your ETA for Brady?

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Darrel, Lets try 11am. See ya there.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Think of us snowed in guys on the east side of the state while you are enjoying your clam chowder! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Serebigal said:
Think of us snowed in guys on the east side of the state while you are enjoying your clam chowder! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
Fire up that rig in your avatar and join us. You should be here by this weekend, you can be the sweeper on our next ride. ;)

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Serebigal said:
Al, I hear its a "dry" snow on the east side. Watch out for the black ice this morning boys.

·
Registered
505 Posts
The Eastern Side

Serebigal said:
Aah yes, the beautiful part of the state that actually has four seasons (and none of them contain the word rain). It sounds like a snowmobile ride is more in order for you Al. We will indeed tip our cups to you today. Just remember us on those sunny rides in a few months while we sit home watching it drizzle.:D

Dan

·
Registered
505 Posts
Thanks Brian

Brian,

Thanks for getting us out on the bikes today. I continued on Highway 4 for the trip home. All in all it was a great outing and a very nice day. It was also good to meet Darrel. Ride safe and enjoy your trip to Mexico.

Dan

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It was nice to meet Darrel, and to see Dan again. From now on I vote we keep Dan in charge of finding the good eats. He is 100% so far. The clam chowder was the best I've had and I know fresh seafood! He even found a flavor bonanza for my eyes that made me wish I was 25 again. After Darrel and I parted ways I was back in the pea soup fog and the temp dropped to 32F. The sun had not fully set yet and I was really starting to wonder If I could make it home before the black ice set up again. After 45 minutes of 32-34 degree fog the fog finally lifted and I had dry roads again. Yeah! It was great to get out on the bike again.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Brian, thanks for letting me tag along with you. Always nice to meet other riders, Dan, good choice on the lunch spot. Glad you both made it home with incident. I had a 32 degree final leg home. Lucky the road was fine. Got home and had a large hot buttered rum, took the chill off, life is good.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts