BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered and received a factory manual but, lo and behold, there is no factory wiring harness schematic! Why would they omit something as important as that? Do you have to buy it separately? Is it included in the Clymer?

I am looking to wiring in a taillight wig-wam flasher module to the taillights and luggage rack stop light and would rather not go fishing in the harness all willy-nilly. Can anyone point me to an online source for the wiring schematic? Much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
656 Posts
The Clymer one has it... sorry this doesn't help you right now

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
probably not exactly what you're looking for but it might help

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Pull your rear lamp assembly out by opening the side cases and removing the one strange looking stainless steel bolt at the top rear of each case. Look at the back side of the lamp assembly and it is easy to read the harness at that point. The three center bulbs are 1157 (dual filament) and you should find that the center bulb only has one connection in use which is the running lamp filament. Correlate the unused blade on that bulb holder with the ones in use on the other two sockets and there's your brake lamp wires. I don't recall the color coding other than the ground wires are brown.

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,118 Posts
On the tailight housing - brake wire is Grey. In the harness back from the the housing it is a Grey/Yellow wire. Just don't mess with the Grey/Black wire on the center light or you will get an ABS fault.

And yes BMW sells a CD that has ALL the wiring diagrams for all models back to 93.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for the info. Your knowledge and my trusty test light had it sorted out lickety-split.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts