BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a connection to the high beam circuit? The left side lighting upgrade is complete and looking gorgeous. All tupperware in place, both ancillary lights mounted and adjusted roughly for aim. Started in on the right side, lower fairing screwed in place and went to put on the upper fairing and realized I hadn't installed the solenoid trigger wire to the high beam circuit for the Hella drivers. I don't want to take the left side back apart if I don't have to. It is a pretty good puzzle putting it together with the new lights in place. Waaaaah!!! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

The Clymers says the high beam wire is white but when looking in from the right side the wire isn't obvious. Could I remove the headlight bucket thing (the one with the wire bail holding it in place) in the back to make the reach to the high beam easier?

I would probably rather take the dash apart and use the white wire going to the high beam indicator light if I have to take something apart. At least then I could replace the white dash lights with red ones.

BTW, the Hella light install and location is superb! I took pictures and will post when project finally complete. Very close tolerances and looks nearly factory instead of an add on. It was just plain dumb luck! I'm not nearly smart enough to plan it that well!

Thanks,

Loren

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
remove the headlight bucket thing (the one with the wire bail holding it in place) in the back to make the reach to the high beam easier

wa1200lt said:
a connection to the high beam circuit? The left side lighting upgrade is complete and looking gorgeous. All tupperware in place, both ancillary lights mounted and adjusted roughly for aim. Started in on the right side, lower fairing screwed in place and went to put on the upper fairing and realized I hadn't installed the solenoid trigger wire to the high beam circuit for the Hella drivers. I don't want to take the left side back apart if I don't have to. It is a pretty good puzzle putting it together with the new lights in place. Waaaaah!!! :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

The Clymers says the high beam wire is white but when looking in from the right side the wire isn't obvious. Could I remove the headlight bucket thing (the one with the wire bail holding it in place) in the back to make the reach to the high beam easier?

I would probably rather take the dash apart and use the white wire going to the high beam indicator light if I have to take something apart. At least then I could replace the white dash lights with red ones.

BTW, the Hella light install and location is superb! I took pictures and will post when project finally complete. Very close tolerances and looks nearly factory instead of an add on. It was just plain dumb luck! I'm not nearly smart enough to plan it that well!

Thanks,

Loren

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Matt! I got up at 7:30 this morning, went downstairs and did just that. I think I'd spent too many hours on the project and the stupid trees kept getting in the way of my view of the forest.

To give you an idea how tired I was I remember getting this sinking feeling that because the light was mounted under the wing it was in danger of being dragged in the corners :eek:. I'm still not sure how I could pull that one off! Foot pegs (they are lowered) yeah! But she'd have to be on her side to drag that light.

Like I said, too many hours of fun in one session.

Thanks again Matt.

BTW All lights work as planned. Looks really nice. And bright!

Loren

1 - 3 of 3 Posts