BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The NorCal group is a little slow so let me ask; how did you all fair from the storm today? Five of my Italian Cypress trees are sideways and one actually knocked down part of the fence between my neighbor's house and my house.

I am not sure who to call to get the trees removed and the fence rebuilt but I am not going to worry about it today.

I hope you all escaped damage to your property.

Oh one more thing, this morning from the radio traffic report I heard there was an accident involving a motorcyclist in the Sacramento area. I found it hard to belive someone would ride in 60mph wind gusts. I hope she/he is okay.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Two of my neighbors trees fell on my driveway, blocking my rear garage. And same neighbors back fence went down, too. Power went out from 11:20 am to 1:15 pm. All is well with the driveway now. Had 5 guys here chain sawing, climbing, cutting, spliting and spitting. Real men doing a real job.:)

Thankfully I didn't have any route today. I would have cancelled all stops anyway. Just didn't want to go back to Santa Clara for a third straight day.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
We are'nt affraid of 60 mph gusts are we Del, remember the Columbia Gorge?
I figure if you ride as fast as the gusts it equals either zero or doubles depending upon direction.

If you need help with fence and trees and can not come up with alternative, let me know. Maybe a couple of us HDDCer's can come by. Cypress can just be stood up and staked/tied and be good to go, no need to cut down.

My fence behind (south side) the barn looks drunk, leaning several directions like it could not decide which way to fall. Time for chainlink replacement.

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
No damage here, my fences are all cinder block:D Did lose power for about 6 hours but no biggy...

Del let me know if I need to bring the chain saw over...

·
Registered
393 Posts
We lost power from just after 11:00 this morning until about 8:30 tonite in south San Jose. Saw lot 'o rain and some good gusty wind, but no damage. Glad everybody's OK up there.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
We escaped any damage. Some wind driven roof leakage, and some wind driven under and over door leakage though.

·
Premium Member
7,565 Posts
We got off prettty much unscathed in my part of South San Jose. Lights flickered a few times but no outage. I drove around the neighborhood before dark and no trees down (at least out front). Lots of leaves, limbs, etc, and it was garbage pickup day so a few cans got toppled in the weather and made a mess. Water was standing everywhere, though, places I didn't know it could puddle up that deep. Overall my neck of the woods came through OK thankfully.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Bunch of branchs out of the OAK trees, along with a 20 foot section of fence.
Pine needles EVERY WHERE !!
Yard looks like a war zone ... Rural living at it's best :dance:

Scott

·
BMW Guru
8,469 Posts
motorhead said:
Bunch of branchs out of the OAK trees..
My oak trees did get their usual "pruning" but that just saves me having to pay someone to do it:)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dougholck said:
We are'nt affraid of 60 mph gusts are we Del, remember the Columbia Gorge?
I figure if you ride as fast as the gusts it equals either zero or doubles depending upon direction.

If you need help with fence and trees and can not come up with alternative, let me know. Maybe a couple of us HDDCer's can come by. Cypress can just be stood up and staked/tied and be good to go, no need to cut down.

My fence behind (south side) the barn looks drunk, leaning several directions like it could not decide which way to fall. Time for chainlink replacement.
Thanks Doug for the memory. The Coumbia Gorge for me was harder than the Dempster (well maybe not). As usual you just rode through with no concerns.

Thanks for the advice on the Cypress trees. Monday I will see what my options are. It sounds like Ted is anxious to use his chain saw :)

·
Some guy on the Interwebs
3,324 Posts
Wow, some of you had a tough time with all the wind damage. Here in Lodi, I only lost two branches off of my pine tree.

·
Old Dawg
3,295 Posts
It was about 75 degrees in Florida yesterday... apparently I miss a lot of action :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Just got back on line ( who knows I have no idea where this comes from Kind of like the easter bunny - where is he the rest of the year? )

ANY WAY lots of Euci-pukis trees snapped off took out two dog pens )no dogs were harmed during the writing of this) missed my broken GS by inches on all sides - go figure .

the pond is full.

and I start an new class of minds full of mush tomorrow OH Yea !!

Just where do i apply for that Easter Bunny Job?

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Chuck Presnail said:
Just got back on line ( who knows I have no idea where this comes from Kind of like the easter bunny - where is he the rest of the year? )
Chuck
I think they went to Florida, and went on a cruise. So they missed the halficane here.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts