BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that I'm opening myself up to a ton of abuse, but I've got to ask, since it has not been mentioned. Being that it is my first CCR, are there any suggestions for dress at any of the "events" or dinners?

Limited space on the bike and don't want to stand out too badly! I almost hate to hit the "Submit New Thread" button!

·
Premium Member
1,448 Posts
Hey Dan,

My first CCR, too. I didn't realize that there would be events happening Friday evening, so I didn't book a room. Planned to leave early Friday. I'm going to see if I can get another night there and, hopefully, move my stays out a day at the two places I'm staying after CCR.
My own personnal dress code is either I'm in t-shirt and shorts or t-shirt and blue jeans. That's it! If that doesn't work, I'll go do something else.

HTH,
Jer

·
Registered
558 Posts
It's taking every ounce of control I have to not reply with a Shreeve-like comment, but I'll try. ;)

This is an event where those with a passion for motorcycles come to hang out and ride. It's not a fashion show. I've seen some folks very well dressed for the banquets, especially Friday. I'm talking tuxedo well-dressed. I've also seen people look like they just came in from wrenchin' on a final drive.
If you have room in the saddle bags and you'd typically go to a nice dinner in nice clothes, bring em, you won't be out of place. If you're a jeans and concert t-shirt guy or the saddle bags are are already burstin' at the seams, don't worry about it.

Personally, during the last couple years, the demand has been so great for me to wear a specific type of jeans with highly-embroidered pockets, I'll probably have to give in to public demand and wear those. :cool:

DanDiver said:
I know that I'm opening myself up to a ton of abuse, but I've got to ask, since it has not been mentioned. Being that it is my first CCR, are there any suggestions for dress at any of the "events" or dinners?

Limited space on the bike and don't want to stand out too badly! I almost hate to hit the "Submit New Thread" button!

·
Premium Member
4,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tanks for the answer and self control....Guess I'll leave the glitter and sparkles at home!

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,460 Posts
DanDiver said:
Tanks for the answer and self control....Guess I'll leave the glitter and sparkles at home!
Glitter and sparkles? Dang - I wuz gonna send you my infamous thong - it doesn't take up much room in your saddlebags OR you could even just wear it on the trip. Oh well ---- :histerica

·
Registered
558 Posts
Damn those are cool!

katnapinn said:
You mean likes this funky pair :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I was hoping NOT to ever see those jeans again! :histerica

I have worn everything from shorts and t-shirt all the way to blue jeans to a t-shirt, it's whatever you want to wear, just no high-heels! :D

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
katnapinn said:
Yea with your legs you could never pull that off !! :histerica

Don't knock it till you try it! :histerica :rotf:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
But just think how TALL Brett would be in heels! :D

Wait a minute! Now, how do I get THAT image out of my head?!? :histerica

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Dick said:
Glitter and sparkles? Dang - I wuz gonna send you my infamous thong - it doesn't take up much room in your saddlebags OR you could even just wear it on the trip. Oh well ---- :histerica
Dick, is this you???????

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Those in the know, Go Hawaiian...

Just sayin'..:dance:

John

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
hschisler said:
Suspicions... CONFIRMED!! :histerica

???????? :histerica :histerica :histerica :rotf: :rotf:

How do you think I flat-foot the LT? :D

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I thought the crowd at CCR tended to be a little more sophisticated?

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.