BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you get in North Carolina, in the North West part of the state in the mountains.???

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Can't say for certain,John, but we had flurries and sleet in our foothills area. That usually means heavy snow in the Boone, Banner Elk area. Maybe someone will know for sure.

Otherwise, I'm planning on riding up that way today since it's wonderfully sunny out right now.

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know.

Pictures please if there is snow and you get a chance. I want to take the kids up there this winter for the snow.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Hi John,

Was half suited up to go riding when my wife and mother-in-law wanted to tag along. So I redressed and off we went in the MINI. Probably a good thing. There was no snow fall yesterday, but it's coming down heavy right now. The ski area's (Beech and Sugar) have plenty right now, with the adjacent areas covered pretty well also.

I'm sure Jan-Feb will be real good since there all still days above 32F right now. Let me know if you need a scouting report. Always happy to ride or drive up that way.

These photos are from today near Grandfather Mountain on Rt 221. The Parkway is closed in this area.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

How cool is that. Thanks will pass these photos to my so, make her want to go more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts