BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back on a K1200lt and new to the Mesa area. Looking for new friends to ride with from time to time and see the sites around the area..........

Anyone ??

Cheers.

Mike

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm in the Phoenix area, but in the Northwest, Glendale specifically. Most of the good rides go through your area or mine, so meeting up should be no issue.

Mark

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds great. We have always wanted to do the Flagstaff to Sedona run on 89. We heard it is quite a beautiful ride.......................

Mike

·
Registered
184 Posts
It is beautiful, but short, and heavily traveled. You're very likely to get caught behind a truck, or an RV, and creep the whole way down. A far better ride is going to Jerome by way of Congress, Prescott, and Mingus Mtn. Tons of curves and elevation change. Not nearly as pretty as Oak Creek Canyon, but a lot more fun.

Reactions: 58caddy

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Always up for a ride ! Already have a thousand mikes on her and I just got her the 1st of the month !

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in Black Canyon City, just north of Phoenix on I-17.

I ride Wickenburg to Prescott to Jerome to Cottonwood at least once a week (there is a good Bar-B-Que place outside Cottonwood I like for lunch). And some days I go on up to Sedona and through Oak Creek Canyon and on up to I-17 for the return trip.
But I go during the week when it isn't so busy.
If anyone is available, you are welcome to ride along.

Another good ride is from Morenci up to Springerville on Rt. 191 then across on Rt 260 through Show Low and Payson.
Rode it last week and it was windy and cold, probably won't do that one again until spring.

Always ready for a ride.
Let me know.
Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts