BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in a guided motorcycle trip in Europe in '07. I'm clueless as to who the best tour operators are. I was also a bit surprised to find that LT's were not offered by 3 of the tour operators I checked out. (Most other BMW models were)

Your suggestions greatly appreciated, especially if you have personal experience.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Edelweiss. Cream of the crop. And if you do an Alps tour, a BMW bike other than the LT would be preferable.

- Bob

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Never done it on a scooter, but my choice would be to buy a new GT and take delivery from a dealer near the factory, then head off for parts unknown in Bavaria, Austria, Switzerland, etc. If time allowed northern Italy and southern France would be hard to beat. Bella. Ship it back to the US from your last destination at a sea port. Keep it or sell it. I think with the current demand for GT's you would probably end up fairly even on the deal and have use of the bike in Europe for free - even with shipping. You could always easily sell it - but why would you? ;)

I'm not much of a guided tour person. Cruise ships and such aren't my bailiwick. I love to roam... and so much of the European "experience" - at least for me - is all of the stuff NOT on the charts.

You'll have a great time either way! :D (I hear Edelweiss or Beach's is the only way to go)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts