BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 1974 fixer-upper R90S. A running bike with a few problems and original paint looking kinda of beat up but a good basis for a rebuilt as everything seems to be original and all the parts are there.
Anyone on this board follow the R90S? This model has become a cult classic and prices are soaring. Care to offer an opinion regarding what a R90S in such condition is worth?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Collectible

A very collectible bike. I would say of it is running and no significant ddamage then I would say you are paying about Ohhhhhhhhh 4-5 thousand?
I have seen one which only had about 100 miles on it in pristine condition going for about $15000 but it was original and perfect.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"New" R90S

Thanks for the post, yup, my new old R90S cost me $4K. It is a 74 (73 build date) and is basically OEM condition but a little weathered. Winter project. :)
What am I thinking?! Now 3 airheads plus the KLT?
I hate to tell you how few miles the KLT got this summer.
I am now building a bike shed to store the wheels as I am running out of room. What a hobby!

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
Hey, just noticed your post, and this is really not an answer to your question, but a friend of mine from upstate NY way was just in today talking to me and mentioned that he has the 75' R90S ---- He was wondering where to find out about carburetors, for them, etc. and I guided him to this site, not really knowing if there was any information about the R bikes enough to help him.

Do you have much info on these bikes --- he has apparently owned it a looong time but hasn't ridden it for a loong time --- but he still wants to some day. Maybe he'll look into this site, and see this comment and try to get in touch with you --- At least info could be shared, huh?

·
Registered
597 Posts
paul_moore said:
Hey, just noticed your post, and this is really not an answer to your question, but a friend of mine from upstate NY way was just in today talking to me and mentioned that he has the 75' R90S ---- He was wondering where to find out about carburetors, for them, etc. and I guided him to this site, not really knowing if there was any information about the R bikes enough to help him.

Do you have much info on these bikes --- he has apparently owned it a looong time but hasn't ridden it for a loong time --- but he still wants to some day. Maybe he'll look into this site, and see this comment and try to get in touch with you --- At least info could be shared, huh?

Have your friend to take a look over at yahoo.com/group/R90SWorldNet/ where he will find answers to all his questions. BTW; should your friend decide to sell please put him in touch with me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts