BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
out of an old instrument cluster that will fit the older style LT's? Most of us would call it a gas gauge.

Thanks,

Loren

62 11 2305940

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Depends on what you actually need Loren. Are you sure it is the gauge? What about the sending unit? Both Art & I are on the road this week, but when we get back to town we can see what is out in the salvage pile that might work. Whatever you do, do not go out and buy new parts yet!

John

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah! I'm sure it's the gauge. SOMEBODY broke the freakin needle off when they were doing the speedo accuracy fix. Harrumph! I was being so careful too!

Thanks John.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
That is zactly why I have left my speed-o alone, I am sure that I would screw something up. Sorry for your loss Loren.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the sympathy vote Bil! I just got carried away dreaming about what it would be like to have an accurate speedometer and was apparently doing too much dreaming and not enough paying attention. WORST case it was an $85 oversight but might be less depending on stock availability from Art and John, the local LT gurus. BTW the mod was easy. A couple jumpers and voila! Except for the needle...........

Loren

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Loren - kubeemer is selling a bunch of stuff off his totaled LT - listed in the classifieds. Sez instrumentation gauges, so there might be some joy there - unless he's selling the whole dash stuff. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dick. Another potential source for the part.

Loren

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Thanks for the sympathy vote Bil! I just got carried away dreaming about what it would be like to have an accurate speedometer and was apparently doing too much dreaming and not enough paying attention. WORST case it was an $85 oversight but might be less depending on stock availability from Art and John, the local LT gurus. BTW the mod was easy. A couple jumpers and voila! Except for the needle...........

Loren
Hey you mentioned Dreaming.What I always do is wake up to get out of a bad dream :histerica Just a little chuckle to ease the pain. Besides who ever said dreaming was never painful. I was dreaming of an LT and finally felt the $$$pain. Now I got one the pain is gone.
ride safe :bmw:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts