1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Happy new year to everyone.

I have a 1999 LT.

Wanted to know if there is anyone near Santa Cruz who can help me with couple of things:

1- One of the engine bolts on the right side had snapped (I think it happened when I dropped the bike), so the rest of the bolt needs to be drilled out and a new one installed.

I've removed the tubberware already.

I need to order a replacement bolt, any recommendations as to from where to get one?

2- If there is someone who can help me with doing the 25K miles maintenance on the bike please.?

I've already changed the oil and filter. But need help with the rest.

Thank you,
AJ

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Not to close but should be just over 2 hours in Brentwood. If you want to come up for a tech session we can put one together.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to close but should be just over 2 hours in Brentwood. If you want to come up for a tech session we can put one together.
Hi John,

How are you?

Thank you so much for replying.

I don't mind the drive.

Do you have the tools and know how to help me do the required services for the bike?

It has 27K on it now.

I need to order the replacement bolt for the bike...the broken engine bolt. Do you have a lead for a good bolt replacement source?

Can you extract the piece that is still in the bike?

Thank you so much,
AJ

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Hey John, still have your carb sync in it's original paper sac on my workbench left from last tech session here.

Hello AJ;
Order bolt from any BMW dealer and buy an "easy out" bolt stud remover at any auto supply.

·
Registered
5,857 Posts
Oh Ya - Thanks Doug.

We'll try and see Ya soon

·
Registered
130 Posts
Buy the appropriate size EZ-Out with the drill bit as a set, the bit will be left hand twist and may screw the broken piece out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts