BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking at this GPS unit for my '05 LT. Anyone own this model? Care to comment on it? I saw there were some issues with routing but the writeups seemed outdated opposed to the updates issued.
Thanks for any help.
Ed

·
Registered
107 Posts
To answer you PM

I thought I would post this here as well so others can see the iWay installed.

edonthenet said:
I see you have a Lowrance 500c that you are very pleased with.
I am also looking at this unit for it's size and features. Do you have any photos of your mounting?
Thanks.
Ed
I have made a shelf simular to the Co-Pilot Shelf available from one of the members. On it I have a RAM mount ball and RAM mount 3" arm connected to a RAM mount diamond ball attached to the back of the iWay. (I removed the clip mount that came with the iWay). This picture is of the back of the unit through the wind screen.

Next is a side view showing the power/music cable routing.

This picture shows the cable routing going into the fairing at the map light above the speedometer cluster. I picked up the power from this light which will allow you to keep the iWay powered up with the ignition off (like while fueling, etc.) and powered completely off when key is is the locked position.

I routed the music cable into the glove box where I connect it to my tape adapter so all mp3's/voice commands go through the LT sound system. I have an Autocom for headset sound.

Last here is a picture of the iWay from the riders perspective.

I hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts