BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Hope everyones enjoying the weather and riding oftenand far.

Clutch is slipping in 5th w roll on around 3k so it'll be time soon. I'll do this job one way or another. Haven't done it before. I really have no room to host a session but wouldn't mind offering up my LT for a session if someone has a space and there is interest. I'm willing to do all the wrenching, hopefully w guidance if someones done this before. Ill provide food for the group and whatever else makes it work.

Norwood

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I've been involved in four... Come on out to CA, and I'll help! :rolleyes:

Seriously though, Kenny (AKA BlauBeeMr) has created a very detailed document (click here) that will guide you through the entire process of clutch and/or rear main seal and clutch slave replacement. There are some steps that require extra hands though!

Good luck - if I can do it, then anybody can!

·
Enjoy The Ride
3,994 Posts
I have not changed a clutch yet & it is not something I would do at a tech session. I just think with what's involved I wouldn't want more than one helper & certainly would not rush the job at least until I have done my first one. I have seen many times that to many hands working on one job can lead to loose parts or parts left off all together with a major job like a clutch change. I think I'm about two hours away & I'll send you my cell # because it's much easier to talk than to type.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
2 people is Max for this job. One to read from the clymer manual, the other to wrench. Any more than that it gets confusing. Figure a good 12 to 16 hrs.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the excellent link Brian. And thanks for the sage advice Dave n Sheldan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts