BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WOULD LIKE TO BUY A BMW K1200LT,BUT 1ST WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE IN PERSON AND SIT ON IT TO GET A FEEL FOR THE BIKE.DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE IN ALBERTA ,CANADA,PERFERABLY IN OR AROUND THE FT. MCMURRAY AREA.I NEED TO SE IT TO BE SURE IT'S WHAT I REALLY WANT BEFORE I BUY ONE.THERE IS NO BMW DEALER HERE IN ALBERTA,SO I AM LOOKING FOR HELP FROM THE BMW COMMUNITY....Thanks and I sure hope I get some feedback.Please feel free to email me if you have any suggestions at [email protected]
Thank you.....Pat

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've got one and there are 4 other Calgarians on the board with one as well.

·
Registered
675 Posts
There are a couple of members in Edmonton. Stick around and check in from time to time - they should be posting back here before too long.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Hi Pat,

I'm in Edmonton & have a 2006LT (US version). I think you will have a hard time finding an LT available in Alberta. I think Argyle Sport only had a 2008 available in July & that was a month ago. They a hard to come by in the land of plenty.
By your handle do you work for CPC? I am a retired one :rotf:
If you come to Edmonton anytime I would let you have a SIT on mine.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Probably need to wait for spring or the snow to melt. Sometime in June...

Just kidding. Ride one, you will want it

·
Registered
94 Posts
I will be putting mine up for sale when it arrives back from Phoenix by truck. I just finished a trip to Mexico and have an 08 1200GSA on order so I will have to sell the LT and Unigo. I can let you know when it arrives.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Call Argyll Motor Sports in Edmonton. Every April they have a day where you can demo any of the BMW models. You should be able to take the LT out for an hour at least. Their phone number is 1-780-435-6811.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I thought winter was over in Alberta!!

gunny said:
Probably need to wait for spring or the snow to melt. Sometime in June...

Just kidding. Ride one, you will want it
A previous post by an Albertan declared winter to be over in Alberta a couple weeks ago! :confused: :) We just got another 4" snow here in S.Dak. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: I thought winter was over in Alberta!!

Reid said:
A previous post by an Albertan declared winter to be over in Alberta a couple weeks ago! :confused: :) We just got another 4" snow here in S.Dak. :(
I said Calgary. The areas they are talking about are anywheres from 3 hours to 9 hours north of me.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Check with Blackfoot Motor sports in Calgary. THe last time I was in there they had three LT's in one new and two used. I recommend talking to Jeff Morton there.

Ken

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes I retired a year ago in March...33 years as a letter carrier.How about yourself....GREAT JOB ...Loved every or almost every day I went to work Pat

·
Registered
698 Posts
postie109 said:
Yes I retired a year ago in March...33 years as a letter carrier.How about yourself....GREAT JOB ...Loved every or almost every day I went to work Pat
I retired in Jan 07 after 30yrs. I was in Technical Services in Edmonton & had the God The Bad & The Ugly, but hey the pension is great & I'm lovn' Retirement even though I get 'Hoeny Doo lists' :) but they keep me out of trouble.
Phil

·
Registered
166 Posts
postie109 said:
I WOULD LIKE TO BUY A BMW K1200LT,BUT 1ST WOULD LOVE TO SEE ONE IN PERSON AND SIT ON IT TO GET A FEEL FOR THE BIKE.DOES ANYONE HAVE ONE IN ALBERTA ,CANADA,PERFERABLY IN OR AROUND THE FT. MCMURRAY AREA.I NEED TO SE IT TO BE SURE IT'S WHAT I REALLY WANT BEFORE I BUY ONE.THERE IS NO BMW DEALER HERE IN ALBERTA,SO I AM LOOKING FOR HELP FROM THE BMW COMMUNITY....Thanks and I sure hope I get some feedback.Please feel free to email me if you have any suggestions at [email protected]
Thank you.....Pat
I bought mine in New Hampshire, USA on Ebay. Sat on one in Mississauga one summer while visiting my daughter and decided I had to have one. Its is the perfect bike for riding long haul two up. One up touring, I wud look at the RT, GT or even the GS. No matter which one you buy I'm sure you will not be disappointed. :bmw:

I'm gong over to the Rock this summer for a couple of weeks. Can stop in for as visit. Good Luck :dance:

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a 2000LT in Camrose Alberta. There are not many of us around. Argyll Cycle sells about 8-10 LT's per year according to their salesman. I average 15-16,000 km per season, and seldom see another LT on the road. There is no better machine for our fringe riding season up here. Good luck on your quest. If you can get down to Edmonton, someone will show off their bike to you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts