BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK folks enlighten me.

was going through the lt yesterday morn and found I needed to top off the coolant. Now maybe I am stupid but I have only had the LT 2 months. The coolant that is in there is blue. What other coolant would be reccomended for the LT besides BMW`s of course.

The Coolanol that i use on my Honda certainly isnt Blue.

NO one tell me its Windshield washer fluid either.

Thanks to all in advance.

I am becoming Confused, amazed and overwhelmed by this engineered marvel

Quohog

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
You may want to check out that search button up top toward the right - type in "coolant " and you'll get several dozen threads.... this topic has been discussed literally hundreds of times over the years...

While you're up there click the technical button as well and start reading the FAQ's and HOW . (Hall of Wisdom)

Don't forget the New Owner Questions:
http://www.bmwlt.com/forums/faq.php?faq=k1200lt_faq#faq_k1200lt_faq_newowner

Within a couple of hours you'll be up to speed on just about everything LT. ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried this already and I have gotten info on lifting the bike and sorry no matches.

HELP?

Quohog

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I found that the BMW branded antifreeze is cost effective. It is straight antifreeze. I personally would not mix antifreeze brands.. JMO and I'm sure if all your additives were friendly between the brands it would not matter.. like I said it is not cost effective to chose otherwise.

You might look at the bottom of this thread.. I get this link Antifreeze compatibility

1 - 4 of 4 Posts