BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I re-installed my battery, and now don't know how to reset the anti-theft alarm system.

I have the original key fob, and have pushed both buttons and still M/C alarm is sounding and won't start.

What button do I push...how many times?

Don't see a light on key fob... maybe fob battery is dead.

After I get new fob battery, what do I do?

Thanks for help.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
JohnR said:
I re-installed my battery, and now don't know how to reset the anti-theft alarm system.

Don't see a light on key fob... maybe fob battery is dead.

After I get new fob battery, what do I do?
I just re-installed the battery in my 2003 LTE last night. It seems to have remembered all of the settings since the battery was removed last November including Mode B for the alarm and all of my radio station presets. I installed two new batteries in the key fobs as well.

I suspect since you didn't get a light on the fobs, the fob batteries are dead. Replace those and try again.

Turned the key to ON, twisted the throttle two times, turned key OFF. Then turned key back to ON, pressed the starter button and within three cranks the engine was purring. I'm a happy camper! :bike: Now if only the weather would co-operate.

·
Registered
1 Posts
K1200LTC 2001 Reinstalled the battery and motor runs good. Had to use fob unit. The Radio turns on but no sound I Know that there is a special procedure to get it to work. Does anyone know the procedure.

Thank you
Brain

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
13,917 Posts
Usually if there is a glitch in the radio we recommend disconnecting the battery (-) for 10 minutes and then reconnect. If that does not work then I would think you have a radio fault. Of cousre check the connectors but it is rare that both front and rear connector would be loose at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts