BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new antenna for my '04 LT. It is just the antenna rod so I have to disassemble my old antenna base. The base came apart easy enough, there is a small black "gizmo" which surrounds the antenna and holds the antenna and spring together. I tried unsuccessfully trying to get this star style closures apart with every tool I thought would work. Without this part, I can't reassemble the base and mount the new antenna. Suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I believe that part just slides over the antenna. You need to gently remove the top cap of the antenna and just slide it off. No need to open up the bushing.

Hopefully, I am understanding what you are talking about.

Good Luck!

-Larry :bmw:

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
NascaLT said:
I bought a new antenna for my '04 LT. It is just the antenna rod so I have to disassemble my old antenna base. The base came apart easy enough, there is a small black "gizmo" which surrounds the antenna and holds the antenna and spring together. I tried unsuccessfully trying to get this star style closures apart with every tool I thought would work. Without this part, I can't reassemble the base and mount the new antenna. Suggestions? Thanks.
Just to clarify which specific part you're having trouble with, you might identify by number on this attachment, so folks will have an idea to help.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts