BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake-side rear antenna, I noticed, was loose today. It slid right up and out. I thought it would be threaded and I could screw it back in. No threads. Is this the radio or CB antenna? Should I solder it back in, get a replace part, or ???. Any advice welcome...

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
Cb antenna.
I don't have one, so I can't help with what you described.
Bob

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
KYchris02 said:
My brake-side rear antenna, I noticed, was loose today. It slid right up and out. I thought it would be threaded and I could screw it back in. No threads. Is this the radio or CB antenna? Should I solder it back in, get a replace part, or ???. Any advice welcome...
From what I can see in the diagram there is a grub screw to hold the base in. I have not seen one up close, but I hope this helps.

See the Radio/Special Equipment section.
http://www.maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/MainDiagrams.asp?mospid=47964

·
Registered
389 Posts
If you have two antennae, then the one on the brake side should be the CB antenna. The metal rod (as opposed to the rubberised, flexible radio antenna) goes into the base and is held in place by two grub screws. Use metric allen wrenches and find the small one with which you can undo the screws and reinstall the antenna. Do NOT solder it in place because if you ever want to use the CB, you'll need a SWR (standing wave ratio) meter to adjust the length (height) of the antenna for best transmission/reception. Let me know if you need pictures. Otherwise, if you buy the grub screws, keep the spares. They round out very easily. Good luck.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BIG thanx to the LT Supreme Council for the insight and wisdom... antenna all better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts