BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke the little springy thingy on the bottom of my antenna today. Anybody know where I can get one? (Antenna) Or an aftermarket antenna? Or ANY other suggestions?

·
Registered
335 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
jtfoto said:
Broke the little springy thingy on the bottom of my antenna today. Anybody know where I can get one? (Antenna) Or an aftermarket antenna? Or ANY other suggestions?
Need an antenna, let me know... Still got one from the parts donor... :cool:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I got a nice rubber ducky type antenna from NAPA store. works great and didn't cost much.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The antenna was broken on my wrecked 05 when I bought it. Went to NAPA and found a black metal antenna that looks factory. Works very well. Cost $21

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kclineman10 said:
The antenna was broken on my wrecked 05 when I bought it. Went to NAPA and found a black metal antenna that looks factory. Works very well. Cost $21
Can you give me more info on this? Photo? Part number? What broke in mine is the bottom of the actual rod/mast that has a sprung piece on it. The spring broke. Just "sticking it back in" does not work. Whatever that piece does, my radio wants it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Boatzo said:
I got a nice rubber ducky type antenna from NAPA store. works great and didn't cost much.
So, what's the installation of this antenna look like? Is it 'plug and play'? Or is there a lot of cutting and soldering and splicing involved? I would love to get rid of my whip antenna. When I have the old girl on the side stand, the tip of the antenna is exactly at eye level. That's really unnerving sometimes considering how pointy that tip is.

Is this the antenna you got? Napa rubber ducky antenna

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Most any auto antenna will work with the LT. the radio connection (under the stingray) is standard. Simple plug and play as long as the cord is long enough.

yes, I still have the Antenna left, PM for more details..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Doug69 said:
Hoss, any chance that you still have the antenna? Mine broke going in and out of the garage:)

Doug
Ummm... yes he does:

yes, I still have the Antenna left, PM for more details..

;)

·
Registered
103 Posts
kclineman10 said:
Is there a model number on that antenna, that is exactly what I need for my 05 lt as well.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Doug69 said:
Hoss, any chance that you still have the antenna? Mine broke going in and out of the garage:)

Doug
I had to cut about 2 inches off of mine to avoid hitting the door....radio still works fine.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Duane_in_Florida said:
I had to cut about 2 inches off of mine to avoid hitting the door....radio still works fine.
Ya Duane I lost close to half of mine and my radio reception is half is good if you know what I mean. So I am a looking for a cheep way out of my stupidity but I have not found one yet, ether of them!!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
asteude said:
But more importantly, how low is your garage door and how fast are you driving when you pass under it to manage breaking the antenna going in and out of the garage?!! :eek:

;)
+1

Enquiring minds want to know! :rolleyes:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts