BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a handle on the different lenghts of tupperware screws but where do the 5 or so thicker ones go??

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I haven't had much luck posting pictures and not at home now. They look just like the tupperware screws but thicker. I had a question the other day that was answered about the ball topped screws that actually hold the mirrors on. These are not them.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will check them out thanks Dick

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
Thanks. I haven't had much luck posting pictures and not at home now. They look just like the tupperware screws but thicker. I had a question the other day that was answered about the ball topped screws that actually hold the mirrors on. These are not them.
Pictures will help greatly if you can get your upload problem sorted. Note that the max file sizes are listed somewhere during the process by each file type. You may have to reduce the file size of your pictures before you upload.

By thicker, do you mean the round washer head is thicker? Or do you mean they are larger in diameter?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
diameter yes not the head.
I'm at work but have printed of a few things the guys here directed me too. I will see later on today and will work on uploading.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
I don't recall any of the fairing screws to be different diameters. Different lengths determine how many panels they go through.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,612 Posts
diameter yes not the head.
I'm at work but have printed of a few things the guys here directed me too. I will see later on today and will work on uploading.
I am not sure on this and you having five rather than four screws probably rules this out, but I was thinking that the two screws that hold on each chrome rocker panel moulding were one size larger then the rest of the body panel screws. Might check to see if they fit your chrome mouldings.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The saddle bags? I didn't remove them.

I believe I found their home. it takes 2 where the mirrors mount

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No problem FB. Always happy for the help. Also the 2 screws where the upper dash and lower meet take a fat screw.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That's the BEST part of owning these bikes is the kind and knowledgeable folks on this board. Well maybe 2nd best:grin:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts