BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, folks. This one is going to happen on Saturday, December 16th!

I've been told that Shirley's Soul Food is excellent, and Gilda and I have not made it there, yet.

Time to meet will be 11:00 AM, since Shirley tends to close early.

Hope to see lots of folk there, on 2, 3, 4 or more wheels. Whatever it takes to get there and have a good time!

:D :D

·
Registered
284 Posts
where exactly?

im less than an hour from the GA/SC border...
let me know where
thanks

·
Registered
510 Posts
Shirley's Sole Food Café

102 S. Sage Street
Toccoa, GA 30577
phone: 706.282.0029
Open M-Sa, 10am-5pm

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

oknplm

kip said:
im less than an hour from the GA/SC border...
let me know where
thanks

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
I stuck this so it would hang at the top of the forum. I also posted to it so that those reading would know that this RTE is for this weekend. It SURE would be nice if those that could, would meet Jay at Shirley's.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
Steve_R said:
I stuck this so it would hang at the top of the forum. I also posted to it so that those reading would know that this RTE is for this weekend. It SURE would be nice if those that could, would meet Jay at Shirley's.

Just got back from FL about a hour ago, it's been a long tough week and a half, with two trips there and back to boot.

I won't be able to make it saturday as I already made plans. We did have a 2uikcie tryout on the Corkscrew cafe here , it went very well, spring time we will have a heck of a luncheon there

Tom

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve_R said:

Gilda and I will be there, one way or another, Steve!
We missed Shirley's on the way home from CCR, and it's just a 3-4 hour ride for us. The weather looks to be almost perfect.

Sure would like to have some company!!

We're looking to be there at 11:00 AM, give or take.

The address was posted a few posts back, and Mapquest locates it as well as a GPS!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Both the wife and I have "Shirley's" on our want to go there list. But BMW of Atlanta has an open house/sale going on this Saturday and we already committed to them that we would stop by. If you don't mind sharing, we would still be interested knowing if we should keep Shirley's on the list after you eat there.

May we never find the end of the road!

Perry Ridgway

jayz9705 said:
Gilda and I will be there, one way or another, Steve!
We missed Shirley's on the way home from CCR, and it's just a 3-4 hour ride for us. The weather looks to be almost perfect.

Sure would like to have some company!!

We're looking to be there at 11:00 AM, give or take.

The address was posted a few posts back, and Mapquest locates it as well as a GPS!

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
jayz9705 said:
OK, folks. This one is going to happen on Saturday, December 16th!

I've been told that Shirley's Soul Food is excellent, and Gilda and I have not made it there, yet.

Time to meet will be 11:00 AM, since Shirley tends to close early.

Hope to see lots of folk there, on 2, 3, 4 or more wheels. Whatever it takes to get there and have a good time!:D :D
I like it. I'm gonna be there.

I was hoping to sleep in Sat. , but forget that. Also have to pick my wife up at the Charlotte airport, 5:00PM Sat. and have to use the car for that. Could drive the car to Shirley's and then straight to Charlotte, but no,

I'll ride to Shirley's and back home for the car. Should be able to make it as long as lunch doesn't go too much past 12:30PM.

Any other Western NC riders want to hook up?

My route is I40-221-I85-rt17N at Lavonia. Headin out at 8:00AM from Morganton.

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
bowlesj said:
I like it. I'm gonna be there.

I was hoping to sleep in Sat. , but forget that. Also have to pick my wife up at the Charlotte airport, 5:00PM Sat. and have to use the car for that. Could drive the car to Shirley's and then straight to Charlotte, but no,

I'll ride to Shirley's and back home for the car. Should be able to make it as long as lunch doesn't go too much past 12:30PM.

Any other Western NC riders want to hook up?

My route is I40-221-I85-rt17N at Lavonia. Headin out at 8:00AM from Morganton.

Watch out on rt 17 in Lavonia, they really enjoy ticketing around that area.

(not speaking from experience ya know<g>)

Tom

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
tmgs said:
Watch out on rt 17 in Lavonia, they really enjoy ticketing around that area.

(not speaking from experience ya know<g>)

Tom
Thanks for the heads up Tom.

Have a great holiday.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hope to see you there, John. I'd like to go by bike, but it looks like Gilda will pull rank and vote for warmth!

We'll have to consider taking 2 vehicles:D

·
Registered
5,835 Posts
jayz9705 said:
Hope to see you there, John. I'd like to go by bike, but it looks like Gilda will pull rank and vote for warmth!

We'll have to consider taking 2 vehicles:D

the Weather will be nice here, (heheheh we are further to the south ya know )

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perry, you still have an experience to look forward to. Very good food, a different menu daily, and reasonable prices! Worth the trip.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts