BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone -

Yet another ride video - experimenting with two cameras - one helmet mounted, the other mounted on a BMR copilot shelft behind the screen.

Ride Video Link

Enjoy!

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
616 Posts
It took my brain a moment to process the fact that you were on the correct side of the road. I kinda freaked when the first car came by. :)

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I'd be seriously worried if that car was on the LH side coming at me... ;)

Hi Tony.
What sort of cameras are you testing?
Amazing how much contrast is lost behind the windshield, the screen density & extra flare really kills the shadows, which I was aware of but this shows it dramatically.

Watched the head-mounted stuff for a little while, but I started feeling nauseaus... its the same reason I can't play first person video games, they just make me feel sick with the all the sudden movements because I tend to watch one spot (the rider in front or a point on the road) and with it bouncing around it upsets the old brain-stabiliser!

Where were you riding... looks like typical country roads (or much of our main inter-city highways!)

cheers

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
G'day Chris;

The cameras that I use are Oregon Scientific ATC9K HD cameras - I obtained them from www.sportscamera.com.au

You are right about the contrast behind the screen - I originally had one mounted on a z Technik mirror mount - but it bounced around too much on the goat tracks that we laughingly call roads over here!

The roads are basically to the NW of Melbourne - Bacchus March, Greendale and through to Trentham.

Cheers
Tony

·
Registered
322 Posts
Nice bit of road. Only slightly jealous as the UK is covered in 3feet of snow at the moment :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts