BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this is part of the intercom system but I’m not a 100% sure. What are the 4-plugs and 2-knobs used for???

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COM System

Yes it is a older model, it’s a 2001. After looking at the 2005 manual I am still not sure how the 4-plugs work, and what they are for. The K also has the CB plug but that is under the back seat. Does anyone have the manual for the 2001 COM System or know were I can down load it?

·
IBR# 366
16,562 Posts
That is not the J&M system. It is either a BC1 or a BC2, which were BMW's early attempts at an integrated intercom for the LT. The company that made them is no longer in business, so that tells you something about their quality.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
scott122262 said:
Yes it is a older model, it’s a 2001. After looking at the 2005 manual I am still not sure how the 4-plugs work, and what they are for. The K also has the CB plug but that is under the back seat. Does anyone have the manual for the 2001 COM System or know were I can down load it?
I have a 2001 and it is not like mine.

I think the previous owner must have put in and older system. I would contact him.

First guess is it might be a BC1.

·
Premium Member
565 Posts
That sure looks like the B-2 model I have in my 2000. The intercom works good as does the radio/CD. I've not tried a cel phone or FRS radio although I'm sorta in the process of hooking up a Midland CB unit to it. I think once I get a decent antenna installed it will work relatively well. I have the manual and installation manual. I could scan and e-mail to you if you need either or both.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts