BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 06 a week ago. I rode it about 75 miles home on some nice country roads. This thing handles like a dream. Took it out yesterday for another short ride. Enjoyed it even more. I am looking forward to some longer rides.

It has 21k on it. I am going to change the oil, transmission and FD gear oil. I am waiting for my filter, and assorted crush washers to arrive. Is there anything else I should be concerned about. It looks like all the normal maintenance has been performed based on the documentation I was given.

Looking forward to talking with everyone. Hopefully just for social reasons.

·
Premium Member
1,157 Posts
Welcome,

You will love the motorcycle and this site. It is a wealth of information. These guys are great. I have benefitted greatly from the archives of information.

David

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Welcome aboard, you have come to the right place for good information and some humor to boot.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Ride it like you stole it !

You treat a whore like a lady, and a lady like a whore.

An LT is definately a lady, and LOVES to be treated as posted above...

Spank her and she will beg for more !

The rewards she will give you back will be so naughty that explaining them is beyond comprehension.

Dirty thoughts are best kept within...

Just sayin'.....

·
Registered
929 Posts
K1200LTryder said:
The rewards she will give you back will be so naughty that explaining them is beyond comprehension.

Dirty thoughts are best kept within...

Just sayin'.....
Hmmmm? Anyway...welcome to the forum. If and when you have some spare time you might want to look up the Hall of Wisdom under the 'Technical' banner at the top of the page. Great stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
pcporter said:
I just picked up my 06 a week ago. I rode it about 75 miles home on some nice country roads. This thing handles like a dream. Took it out yesterday for another short ride. Enjoyed it even more. I am looking forward to some longer rides.

It has 21k on it. I am going to change the oil, transmission and FD gear oil. I am waiting for my filter, and assorted crush washers to arrive. Is there anything else I should be concerned about. It looks like all the normal maintenance has been performed based on the documentation I was given.

Looking forward to talking with everyone. Hopefully just for social reasons.
Welcome to da Zoo......

Before you start to changing fluids, line the deck, below the bottom of your bike with old newspapers, have a bag of that absorbent stuff cats dump into, a good size container for old fluid and filter and some rags. I'd also invite a few local friends who have the same bike to watch, assist and maybe do the same. (beer and chips)

Oh and be sure to loosen the fill bolt for the FD before you empty it!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome...Welcome Get your GPS and Satellite radio mounted on that baby and get the heck out of Dodge...Sure would like to see you put 30K on that machine this riding season and share your experiences. :wave :wave :wave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts