BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is it N.Carolina?
I know a guy who's life has become a miserable hell as a result of a first offense conviction here in Utah. He still drinks..( Can't blame him. There's a woman involved) but you won't see him anywhere near an automobile.
What does it take for a guy like the one in this story to learn a lesson?!!
I know you can't stop someone who is determined to get behind the wheel but did the state send a clear enough message the first time?

·
Registered
749 Posts
We in the law enforcement community are very happy that the LEO did not suffer serious injuries.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update:

Ray Hammrick, sheriff of Clevaland County, North Carolina is recovering following surgery to repair broken bones in his leg. He is expected to make a full recovery. Drunk posted bail ($500.00) and is out on bond.

Look for some stronger legislation concerning drinking and driving here in North Carolina. Recently there has been a lot of undocumented "guests" involved in vehicle "accidents" involving alcohol, a lot of then repeats. One killed a school teacher on the way to the beach and put his wife in a coma.

Generally the first DUI gets you a big fine, the second a big fine and no driving for a while, third usually looses your liscense for a real long time. Depends if you can afford a good liar, I mean lawyer, that changes everything.

·
IBR# 366
16,563 Posts
Third DUI and they let him post bail? I'm all for civil rights and fair treatment, but third strike plus injury accident should've kept him in jail.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Maybe "something" will happen to this guy!

·
Registered
272 Posts
He should be put away for a long time. It's obvious that if released (which he was) he will drink and drive again. Next time he may kill someone.

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
RaffyK said:
Better yet, we should do it like Turkey. Drive drunk and get caught, face capital punishment.
Or Singapore. I'd like to see public floggings. Might help wake up some of our younger generation too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts