BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Kirk mate I could watch you bleed all day. Ok so that sounded a bit creepy. I enjoyed the video and look forward to seeing how the project turns out. I think you should ditch the damaged trunk and go with a nice Fort Worth rack or something similar. I put one on mine and I actually think I like the look of the bike better that way.
With that broken mounting point for the side panel above the rear foot peg, what about attaching a piece of flat material of some sort that can be secured behind the remaining piece of flange on the panier that will reach up to the same point as the original mounting point. You could then retain the look of the original panel externally. If you get my convoluted explanation.

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts
Kirk mate I could watch you bleed all day. Ok so that sounded a bit creepy. I enjoyed the video and look forward to seeing how the project turns out. I think you should ditch the damaged trunk and go with a nice Fort Worth rack or something similar. I put one on mine and I actually think I like the look of the bike better that way.
With that broken mounting point for the side panel above the rear foot peg, what about attaching a piece of flat material of some sort that can be secured behind the remaining piece of flange on the panier that will reach up to the same point as the original mounting point. You could then retain the look of the original panel externally. If you get my convoluted explanation.
And someone with a broken latch might pay a decent price for the trunk just to get the latch. Particularly, now that the FIBIB kit and replacement CNC machined latch handles are no longer being made.

Reactions: 14wntr

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great video. Very informative and easy to watch. If I could make one suggestion though from a photography perspective. When you set up the camera so that it frames you in the picture, divide the whole scene into three sections, a top, middle and bottom. Put your head mostly in the top third, not square in the center of the frame. It makes for a better composed image. It even has a name, it's called the rule of thirds.

https://www.photographymad.com/pages/view/rule-of-thirds

·
Premium Member
7,677 Posts
The video has never played for me if I click on the arrow in the middle of the link. If you click on the uTube bar just above it , it will take you straight there.
Works fine for me clicking on the arrow in the middle of the picture. It may depend on which device you are using. I am using an iPad and that works fine. However, it is seems to play more slowly and buffer more when involved from within the forum as compared to going directly to the YouTube app and playing it there.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Great video. Very informative and easy to watch. If I could make one suggestion though from a photography perspective. When you set up the camera so that it frames you in the picture, divide the whole scene into three sections, a top, middle and bottom. Put your head mostly in the top third, not square in the center of the frame. It makes for a better composed image. It even has a name, it's called the rule of thirds.

https://www.photographymad.com/pages/view/rule-of-thirds
Yes Kirk I think your work would be enhanced if you adopted the Fibonacci principal, nothing like a bit of good old golden ratio to make your day.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Works fine for me clicking on the arrow in the middle of the picture. It may depend on which device you are using. I am using an iPad and that works fine. However, it is seems to play more slowly and buffer more when involved from within the forum as compared to going directly to the YouTube app and playing it there.
Yes that could be it. It might also depend on what browser you use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts