BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received another letter from bmw this morning , it says
Quality monitering at BMW has reveiled enhancements that your motorcycle would benefit from bringing it up to date with the latest levels of technology

We would therefore like to ask you to make an appointment with your prefered BMW Dealer to enable them to carry out the required work.

This work will, of course ,be free of charge.

QUESTION, has anybody had one of these letters and does anybody know what,s going on , as this will be the second recall in four weeks.

04 your 05

in Blighty.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I bought an 05 used in late summer and probably won't get any of these notices.....do you know what they are in reference to? Maybe I should get mine into the dealer for something I don't know about?

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Glenn, did you get the owners manual with the bike, or the book in which you can record service? There should be postcards in them to mail to BMW with your name & VIN - thereafter, you should get any notices applying to your year & model.

- Bob

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yes, I sent the card in immediately and have received nothing. I thought for sure they would have sent me some type of acknowlegement or something. I believe I sent it in August.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That letter may be talking about updating CAN BUS equiped bikes, which the LT does not use. All the newer boxers and K's can be updated with new programming if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts