BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7 years ago replaced the ancient halogen bulbs on my '08 RT with HID's They still work good and more than happy with them.
Difference from halogen bulbs is like from B&W tv to color! Was just wondering if anyone has gone from HID to LED and happy
with the transition?

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I ride a KLT vs RT and I went to LEDs from the HIDs and loved them.
When I went to the dual Ducati Design headlights, and I went back to HID, though I was very happy with the LED head light. I do like the color of the HID lights.
Off topic: I am using both HIDs as low beams because I didn't like the look of the single headlight on the Ducati Design set up, and together (besides the other 6 riding lights) the headlights are very bright!

·
Registered
610 Posts
+1 for the Cyclops, I have their high/low/aux LED lights and they are amazing in rain, fog and for night time driving.
Same here-previous owner installed them on the 2019 RT. I love them. Had the chance in the middle of the darkest night/road in CO last month to give them ALL a try. Sevina, Glenda, and Cyclops. Way too much fun

·
Registered
610 Posts
Sevina and Glenda's!?! Did you light any trees on fire going down the road? :D
We stayed with some friends on a 600 acre ranch, and their driveway is one mile to the house. He said it looked like an aircraft coming toward him! Kudos to previous owner-I'm having too much fun. The lights strobe when you flash high beam!

·
Registered
2018 R1200RT
501 Posts
We stayed with some friends on a 600 acre ranch, and their driveway is one mile to the house. He said it looked like an aircraft coming toward him! Kudos to previous owner-I'm having too much fun. The lights strobe when you flash high beam!
Lol, you must have a gas turbine generator hooked to the back of your Beemer, just so you can power all your "aircraft strobes". 🤣🤣🏆

(.... I guess next comes the "defense riding" lasers, front and back, since ya got all that extra power to work with!😏)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts