BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an alternating brake fault and master caution light occur on yesterday's commute. Searched the Halls of Wisdom and came to the conclusion that it was the low brake fluid problem in the 2005 LT but also decided to bring the girl into Gulf Coast so that Rick could hook the computer up to the bake computer just to make sure. Turns out the problem was the rear brake line was ballooning. A complete set of the braided stainless lines are on order. One other thing, there was a puddle of brake fluid under the bike in the garage this morning. Well, that's my Christmas present for this year.

·
Premium Member
4,879 Posts
It's good that you caught it in time. Reminds me that mine starts to flash about 5 minutes after I start up. I had this several years ago and I'm probably just a tad low in the back reserve. Going to go check it now that I'm reminded.....

·
Registered
989 Posts
chuckle said:
... Turns out the problem was the rear brake line was ballooning. A complete set of the braided stainless lines are on order....
This makes me feel much better about having installed a set of Spiegler lines last winter. I was scared into doing that by dire predictions made by members of this forum... :rotf:

For any lurkers: the Spiegler set went in quite easy, without any drama. No need for special equipment on my '01 LT, just regular fluid change afterward. One of the banjos in my kit did not fit right, I sent it back in and had another one installed within a week. Good service.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts