BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I decided to upgrade my Dual Sport capabilities just a little with my new ride, "Tigger II"! She is a 2012 Tiger 800XC which I just picked up yesterday from Cascade Moto-Classics. Standby for the Farkleing to begin!

John

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
Super nice, John! Congratulations!

Great looking bike. We expect that you will keep it that clean all of the time.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,339 Posts
Nice bike John! Let's go for a ride...
:)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
AlaskaFish said:
Well, I decided to upgrade my Dual Sport capabilities just a little with my new ride, "Tigger II"! She is a 2012 Tiger 800XC which I just picked up yesterday from Cascade Moto-Classics. Standby for the Farkleing to begin!

John
Nice ...really nice piece of machinery... even though it is one of those limey bikes(sarcasm). Congratulations, John.

·
Registered
505 Posts
John,

Love the color! So what are you going to call your intense orange beauty?

Dan

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, yeah, duh! Art & I rode aroud the hills locally a little, but most was on the tarmac, not much dirt yet. And we didn't quite hit the 1000 mile mark! But we did get enough for me to calculate (the old fashioned way!) my mileage while hitting the twistys hard was 46.5 MPG! I am impressed considering she ain't even broke in yet.

I'm here to tell you that she handles the curves like a champ! And the power is there as soon as I roll the throttle. Even in 6th, I can pass easily by just rolling her on, no downshift required unless I want to go to warp speed immediately!

Here are a few shots from today's ride. For some reason I kept focusing on the Bike! :)

John
avonfloater said:
Hey John -

With a day like this, you must have at least 1000 miles on that baby!!! I just know you rode today.

Denny

Attachments

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Nice looking bike John, Congrats. Let me know if you want me to look after it while your out of town.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Congrats on your new baby. I can't but help notice it's wearing the wrong badge. All kidding aside lets get the north and south guys together soon for look see and some fine food. :cool:

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
Most excellent bike and photos. Looks like you've already got "stuff" on her. Your report sounds impressive. Can we keep up?

Denny

AlaskaFish said:
Well, yeah, duh! Art & I rode aroud the hills locally a little, but most was on the tarmac, not much dirt yet. And we didn't quite hit the 1000 mile mark! But we did get enough for me to calculate (the old fashioned way!) my mileage while hitting the twistys hard was 46.5 MPG! I am impressed considering she ain't even broke in yet.

I'm here to tell you that she handles the curves like a champ! And the power is there as soon as I roll the throttle. Even in 6th, I can pass easily by just rolling her on, no downshift required unless I want to go to warp speed immediately!

Here are a few shots from today's ride. For some reason I kept focusing on the Bike! :)

John

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.