BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, just on 20,000mls, 04 plate and the clutch is slipping, no loss of fluid so looks like a seal is leaking oil on to the plate. The bike is still rideable but don't know for how long or wether it is going to let me down. Slipping in 4th and 5th when rolling on the throttle hard. Due to be going on holiday to mainland Europe, France and Spain in two weeks, can't get the bike in to the dealer beforehand. In the words of the song, "do I go or do I stay now? If I go there could be trouble". I guess I know the answer to this one. Has anyone here in the UK had a problem and had any luck with BMW helping out towards costs as a bike under three years old with this mileage shouldn't be having a problem like this should it? Off to carry on reading the forum reports on this problem, gues as one wag puts it I may well be crying over spilt milk!

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Bad luck on the clutch. if it was me I'd not be making that trip, as it will get worse.

Mine went at about 12K, bought the bike 2nd hand from BMW in Reading with 9K on the clock and did a trip to Germany, and while there it started to slip, and by the time I got home 3K later it was slipping in 3,4 and 5. I was lucky as I'd only had the bike about 5 weeks BMW replaced it free of charge.

I think you need to write a letter if you don't have any warranty see if they will meet you part way with the cost. Be polite as you are more likely to get something from them rather than writing a snot-o-gram.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts