BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend an angled valve stem? Will the same one work on 115gs 1150rtvand 1200lt .

Registered
Bud, Google "tyre valve right angle extension" and you'll turn up a dozen, half of them on eBay. Ranging from $5. I had a 2010RT for 5 years, finally bought one of these extensions about 4.5 years into it, then traded to the 2015 - where they've fixed it! 馃槼

Premium Member
Can anyone recommend an angled valve stem? Will the same one work on 115gs 1150rtvand 1200lt .
Not quite clear on if you are planning to replace valve stems on all three bikes (1150GS; 1150RT; and a K1200LT) and want to know if they all take the same stem. If you do a search of previous threads regarding valve stems, I recall that some people have said that because the LT wheels have a ridge around the middle of the rim, some stems won't work. I'm not sure the other two models have the ridge. I run a straight short metal stem for tire pressure monitors on my LT and angled stem wouldn't work. :bmw:

Registered
As mentioned above, you will have to file the ridge off the rim where the "new" valve stem will go. The area needs to be flat. Even better to make the very slight rounded area flat after you remove the ridge. Wunderlich sells these too and mentions problems with rims.
The ridge will cant the stem and the parts inside will not be flat enough to seal well. Or If balanced on the ridge they can slide off and they you loose your seal.

Premium Member
I went with very short stubby ones that seemed to also work well. I was able to fill my tires almost without looking. Definitely get ride of the flexible rubber ones.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts