BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first, back in 1998 prior to the launch of the LT.... WELL, it was nothing compared to the new Victory Vision Space Ship!!! BMW was so far ahead of the pack in 1998 that the GL1800 borrowed lines and features and the Vision just looks like a Ultra/LT/GL blend. Wonder who stole who's designs???

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
We will see.

I got a test ride lined up end of July. Will see it I like. I saw a dummy Vision at Daytona this passed March. I kind've like the look.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Pretty bold design the V theme maybe over the top but it really seems to work, I do like it. I also really like the way they highlighted/framed the great looking motor.

Dave

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Well, it looks like it is 2 or 3 for and 1 against. I think the Victory Vision is one of the UGLIEST bikes I've ever seen. To each his own.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think it looks like a Furby from the front.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kinda like a LT on Ness steroids. Just a bit too sweepy in the lines... Look at the 360 view. Reminds me of an LT in the cockpit and handlebars.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I'll throw my opinion in for liking it. Hated it at first, but it has grown on me. I was pleased to see them willing to take some risk with the design. I think any good new touring bike benefits all of us whether or not we like it or buy it. Manufacturers need a kick in the pants from time to time to keep making high quality products.

·
Registered
6,285 Posts
Take one LT front fender and wheel, mate it to a Burgman scooter complete with floorboards and unbelievably low seat height, throw in a chrome plated Japanese looking V-twin and make SURE it is exposed so all your Harley buddies can see it and grudgingly nod with approval :rolleyes: , bolt on an Arlen Ness rear end and what do you get?

VUGLY! :v::stir:

...and I've tried REALLY, REALLY hard to like it. They have successfully morphed a motorcycle and scooter to appeal to us (ahem - cough) older riders.

They might just have something there..... :think: :eek: and you've got to give them a lot of credit for having a BIG set of brass balls and throwing caution to the wind.

but.... I just KNOW I'm gonna' laugh hysterically when someone pulls up on one of them next to me.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I think it's like the ugly puppy thing. It's so different looking that you end up liking it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Body by Starfleet

Many of my Harley riding friends have mentioned how my LT looks like something from Star Trek. Naturally when I was last in Las Vegas I had to go to the Hilton and get me a Star Trek bear for the luggage rack. It came down to the Borg bear or the Vulcan bear and I went with the Vulcan.

I like smooth flowing lines as much as the next person but the Victory just takes it a little too far. I wish they had put a real fairing on the TC. I always liked the looks of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
markc said:
I like smooth flowing lines as much as the next person but the Victory just takes it a little too far. I wish they had put a real fairing on the TC. I always liked the looks of it.
Ness surely got big $$$$ for his Arlen Art Deco design. Very bold and unique, but I hope BMW learns from it and gets the new LT lines under control. Maybe some inspiration from the Guzzi Norge would be appropriate.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It reminds me of Darth Vader in Spaceballs.

Now is Motorad could steal the 26.5" seat height....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts