BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So....our wonderful TxDOT folks are working on westbound I20 between Marshall and Longview. The highway is down to 1 westbound lane and the traffic is backing up for miles.

I'm heading home in the eastbound side in my truck (because of the thunderstorms) and looking at the traffic and construction, lo and behold I see this huge pine tree falling across both lanes of the freeway in all that construction! It just missed a passing car and the truck behind it managed to stop in time, but it was close.

The construction didn't cause the tree to fall. I think a combination of last years drought, forest fires, and the thunderstorm blowing through this afternoon did the deed.

Can you imagine explaining that to your insurance company? I travel that road everyday, in the morning when it's dark. I don't even want to think about having that happen while on the bike.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I'm confused. You mentioned Texas, and a tree. I was led to believe that those two words rarely worked together in a sentence. What's the deal? :p

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
fpmlt said:
I'm confused. You mentioned Texas, and a tree. I was led to believe that those two words rarely worked together in a sentence. What's the deal? :p
We generally cut the trees down pretty young for fuel for the cast iron stoves and fireplaces. We haven't quite gotten modern yet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You wont have to explain it to the insurance company. Someone else will have to do it for you. :histerica

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
West Tejas, tumbleweeds. East Tejas, tumbletrees. :rolleyes:

Glad no one was hurt.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts

A friend in CA had this happen to her last week.

She and her son and the baby were fine.

That tree fell on her car as she drove by...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts