1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MG Cycles
Howell, NJ
(732) 886-6445

I met this man, Mike, just last week after receiving a quote for $1,300+ from a service center just north of me for the 24k maintenance schedule as well as an oil change and new tires.

Not only did this gentleman beat their price by A LOT, but he also wound up doing the turn around work on it in only 2 days. And from the looks of his garage with a ton of early 40's and 50's model bikes and many other goodies, this was definitely a bit of a motorcycle heaven.

The shop works on Classic K bikes as well as Airheads. He also does work on newer BMWs. He used to be known for his work on British bikes and he still ownes a few nice ones but now preffers to work on BMWs.

Hope this helps some of you...

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Sounds like a great place. When I was in high school I restored a Royal Enfield for the co-owner of the place where I bought my Hodaka Wombat. Sigh.......

NJ is just a leeeetle far for me to go. Even to see some classic bikes. Nuts!

Loren

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
wa1200lt said:
Sounds like a great place. When I was in high school I restored a Royal Enfield for the co-owner of the place where I bought my Hodaka Wombat. Sigh.......

NJ is just a leeeetle far for me to go. Even to see some classic bikes. Nuts!

Loren
Hodaka..... that brings back some old memories. I used to race a Combat Wombat by Hodaka.... It was fast and furious in the day. Never won a race, but spent every dime I made (on racing) for about 4 yrs .

Now as an old fart.... money is spent on LT blinking lights, and extra mirrors....who woulda thunk.
Chris Ogle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts