BMW Luxury Touring Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm right in the middle of rebuilding the engine of my '02 LTE and decide a couple weeks ago to use the engine I bought on Ebay in December. The engine was advertised as an '05 with 45k on it. I dismantled the engine and there was very little wear and went about ordering the parts to put her back together. While surfing the net one evening a couple weeks ago I found this listing on Ebay clicky here and thought something must be wrong; there appears to be a transmission attached and other bits as well. I just bought it and decided to take my chances with what came on the pallet. I negotiated with the auto dismantler to ship it to their warehouse here in Portland for Will Call pickup. What I found was a new engine that has never been apart for a valve check. What an incredible find! A new transmission, Alternator Coil and plug wires too; not to mention the 4 new injectors! All for under $425. Crazy, huh? I think someone listed without research or made another error, but an auction is an auction. I'll take it!

Some pics:

· Registered
2,552 Posts
Well, now I know where to go if I decide I need another engine! Good catch Ernie!

John

· Registered
477 Posts
Way to go Ernie! Great find and right up your alley.

Dan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.