BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

Our car is in for some *MAJOR* service work, like a few days worth and a few grand (a long story)

any how...

My wife rented us a Holden Commodore for a few days till our car gets repaired.

Tonight i went out side to unlock it with the alrm keyfob, and when i did the parker lights came on and the interior lights did as well.
What a great idea! Now you can see what your going to trip over instead of trying to guess where the obstace was you had to avoid.

Now...

If only our LT would do the same.

It would be nice if i could press the unlock button on my alarm and the parker light turned on and the rear light turned on and maybe with some slight changes make the map light on the dash turn on as well so you can put your gloves on.

Anybody got any ideas on how to achieve this???

You could get read fancy with it as well and include a light sensor as well so it would detect night/day and on turn the lights on at night or darkness periods

·
IBR# 366
16,560 Posts
Easy. Just trade your '01 in on an '05 with the Convenience Lighting package. They've added lights under the tip over wings that go on and off with the alarm fob.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
meese said:
Easy. Just trade your '01 in on an '05 with the Convenience Lighting package. They've added lights under the tip over wings that go on and off with the alarm fob.

aaaaaaaahhhhhhh... is that right is it. Well i dunno about trading in for a new 05, im more then happy with what i have in my shed.

BUT... i will drop in to our local BMW/Kawasaki dealer next time i am in the city and see if they have an 05 fitted with the extra bits and i might even be able to knock something up to add to my ride.
Im thinking Luxeon 1 watt leds to shine at the ground, probably 2 of them. the 1 watters produce next to no heat being constantly on. the 3 watters, now thats a different story :) but at a 50% duty cycle when used as indicators, they are just magic and clearly seen during the day :))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts