BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to breakfast with the beemer buddies for lots of bench riding over bacon. About a dozen of them rode; a nice selection of new and recent LT’s, RT’s and GS’s. They went on to a swap meet, I went back to my shop. Without incident.

Later I went out to run an errand on the LT again, and did a slight detour into the foothills. Clear roads, cool, but comfortable temps. The drive to my shop’s overhead door is V’d to take roof drain water, which was only about a foot wide, but solid ice. Later it was covered with new melt, making it slickern’ snot!

So here comes Mr. Stoooopid pulling in, and has to stop because he didn’t give the door enough time to open. He stops straddling the ice, puts a foot down, followed by the LT in a nanosecond! Okay, no biggie, just pick it up and put it away…but Mr. S has landed the bike so that his feet will be on ice when he tries to lift. DS

Hat in hand, I go to find a sympathetic and sturdy neighbor to help. He does, and I thank him, and then quickly close the door and kick my self in the butt for slipping on the only ice in a block! Gotta watch that winter riding!

This is “LT falls over #72”, or so….

·
Registered
207 Posts
Thankfull no body parts hurt.
Dropped mine four times the first 24 hrs, early summer and dry.
Just pride hurt, needed help getting her up the first two, figured how to do it myself second two.
little_jake

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glad to hear you're ok..this becomes a beast if not handled properly..still a great bike..dropped mine few times also..I always am watching out for potential 'dropping' situations now and will certainly look out for the ice trap for sure..Thx for sharing..I learn more each day as I browse this site..

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just today as I was out and about, I was thinking about what this forum has taught me about handling & parking this bike. I am grateful for all I have & continue to learn here. By the way bmwusmc, when have you seen ice in Henderson recently ;) ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Let's see...last winter?? the overnight freeze after the snowfall in the early am? Or was I hallucinating?? LOL!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts