1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
What's wrong with the centerstand?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Clever design. Just the ticket for those little earthquakes we get out here and would be wonderful for ferry rides. They look a little involved for daily use though. I take it your drop experience involved getting her up on the center stand. It's not all that hard to do once you get the hang of it. Be happy to show you the tricks involved. We can meet up for a ride and center stand demo. PM me if you're interested.

Michael

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stands

Hi, No I wasn't trying to put it up, I was just moving it around in the garage and it just disided to pin me to my wifes car, twice, I have a couple of pins in my lower back so no more pulling or lifting. Now I back into the garage,put it on the side stand, Put the right side stand in then lean her over and put the left side in. Living in Sylmar CA. you never know when the next EQ is coming.

·
Registered
558 Posts
That sounds like a good way to do it. The way your first post read I thought that you were trying to put it on the center stand as well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was looking at your little helpers with interest. Soon I am going to ship the LT from Switzerland to Australia in a container. This could help stabilizing it, don't you think?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wheel Dock

I have found the Wheel Dock is best way to park a motorcycle in your garage. I have a 2005 with the hydraulic center stand but I never use it when just parking the bike in my garage. If you are hauling the bike you also have a safe way of holding it while tieing it down.

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
Neat idea! How about a drawing with some dimensions?

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Who needs drawings

Sharkey said:
Neat idea! How about a drawing with some dimensions?
Who need drawings, it is sold here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Big_E said:
What's wrong with the centerstand?

Yea! What is wrong with the centre stand.. Both those devices seem to be extreme in design AND cost. Especially the Wheel Dock. The bike is so well balanced that getting it up on a manual centrestand is easy. (excusing any disabilities.) Fair enough, if you haven't got an hydraulic centre stand.......but, if u have, then why not use it. The bike is secured very stable with no weight on the rear tyre and little on the front.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Wheel Dock

My reason for purchasing the Wheel Dock was if I ever wanted to trailer my bike it is much saver loading and unloading on a trailer to tie it down. One drop loading on a trailer would more than pay for the Wheel Dock. I had no problem putting my 2001 on the center stand, which I did everytime I parked it in my garage. Now I have the 2005 with hydraulic center stand it is easier yet but as long as I have the Wheel Dock it is so simple and fast to just ride in and trip the lever and get off. Backing out just trip the other lever and push back. I would not buy the Wheel Dock just to park my bike but I grant you if you have one you will use it in stead of the center stand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts