BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is considered the best alternative radio source, that can be installed on an LT and wired into current speakers ? I'm tired of the factory unit performance issues and failures associated with it ! :(

What have you installed to replace your unit ?

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Ipod

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Do a search for Jenson MSR2007.
there are a few of us who went that route, however you lose your handle bar controls, but hook an ipod or satelite radio to it and you are good to go. I have had no problems adjusting the volume on the go.

EzyMount said:
What is considered the best alternative radio source, that can be installed on an LT and wired into current speakers ? I'm tired of the factory unit performance issues and failures associated with it ! :(

What have you installed to replace your unit ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi, just read your thread.I fitted a sonyCDX-mr50IP last week .Chect them out had no probs fitting it and didn't have to cut any panels and used an wiring adaptor so no cutting of the original cables,also fitted a remote on the handlebars works fine .if you want any pics of the completed job can sort some out for you.
Keith :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I Googled this Sony and the description stated that it is “OE Steering Wheel Remote Capable” I would think that the handle bar controls could be hooked up to this unit. Please post some pictures of your installation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
HI ,am having probs uploading pics ,if you want some pics mail me with your e-mail and you can try and upload them ,if you need advice on this no prob will answer any questions i can.

Keith :wave

JUST UPLOADED PICS INTO FILES TECH SECTION.

:dance:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts