BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I tell ya, the GL dealer almost got me. I've been miserable about my comfort level with the stock, then Corbin seats. After five years, I just about went to the Oldwing. But, I decided to give Russell my business instead. I placed my order today. Who knows how long it'll take to make, but I'll mail off the factory stuff tomorrow.

It was close...but a $1k seat is a helluva lot cheaper than a new bike! :p

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
I didn't like the Corbin. Traded for stock "comfort" seat. Hated it. Got Russell, living happily ever after now.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
its funny reading threads like this, I have a new Russell and don't like it. feel like I am sliding forward on it all the time, my original 100k km 02 seat was better :confused:

·
Old Slow Guy in A Fast Car
8,602 Posts
Axle said:
its funny reading threads like this, I have a new Russell and don't like it. feel like I am sliding forward on it all the time, my original 100k km 02 seat was better :confused:
contact Russell, they will make it right.

·
Registered
375 Posts
OK Guy's but leather is leather and there will be a difference between Corbin and Russel for sure but you can put some stuff on the seat then it doesn't slip anymore. Thats what the People in Corbin and Russel are doing. But I think that your pants on the Butt are to slippery. I use Corbin since Years and bought some Pants with anti slip strips on the Butt, works well.
And a word to Corbin and Russel and all other Seat makers. That doesn't mean that you in heaven of comfort if buy such a seat, you have to ride it in. After some Miles you will find your comfort.
On the beginning you will say "That is even worse" but it will change after some time of usage. And regardless wich brand you chose they are all good or all the same bad ;)

Manfred

1 - 5 of 5 Posts