BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I needed a battery becuase the one in the bike didn't seem to want to hold a charge. After a few days on the charger here and there, I decided to check and see if anything was draining the battery. And guess what, that silly light in the trunk was on. So I am charging it up, again, and hoping this was the problem. Anyone else had this happen?

Thanks,
The Grape

·
Registered
509 Posts
No, none of us have ever left that trunk/vanity light on. :eek:...honest!!

Glad to hear you found the culprit. Another thing to consider is locking the handlbars. On my '02, if the bars aren't locked, the radio can still be powered up...which could cause a drain on the battery...'specially if you have an ipod interface device like a DICE or iSimple.

Cheers, Toolman

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
Make sure you don't turn the key past lock to the "park" position either. It turns on the rear tail lamp and the small park lamp in the headlamp assembly. Both are very easily missed in daylight until it's too late.

·
Registered
338 Posts
That's funny--on mine, I couldn't leave it on if I wanted to. The small cut-out switch when you close the trunk lid--takes care of it.

·
Registered
14,452 Posts
lesn said:
That's funny--on mine, I couldn't leave it on if I wanted to. The small cut-out switch when you close the trunk lid--takes care of it.
Earlier model year LTs didn't have that plunger switch and lotsa folks had to get used to turning off the vanity light manually or .......!!

Not me, tho..... no, sir..... never......ok - maybe oncet.

OK, maybe some!!

OK... I forget how many!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts