BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a half-cover for my 2000LT. I am specifically interested in a cover that is truly waterproof. I have seen several ads for sun covers, dust covers, etc, but few that specifically indicate the cover is waterproof as opposed to water resistant. I need a cover that is light, compact, occupies minimal space, and is substantial enough to withstand relatively heavy wind-driven rain.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks....

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I've been using this one for two years and it is perfect as far as I am concerned. It'll even stow in the space between the pillion and the top box, if you have the box in the aft position. I have not had a water problem under it. There were many colors to choose from too.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Bike Covers Products/UV-2000-Big.htm

·
Registered
36 Posts
bblalock said:
I've been using this one for two years and it is perfect as far as I am concerned. It'll even stow in the space between the pillion and the top box, if you have the box in the aft position. I have not had a water problem under it. There were many colors to choose from too.

http://www.nelsonrigg.com/pages/Bike Covers Products/UV-2000-Big.htm
I have the BMW, although an awesome cover it is too big to travel with. Did you get the LX and what would you say the dimensions are stowed?

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
+1 for EZ-touring travler
very small packed, I've used it in some overnight downpours and no leaks.
The manufacturer is a GS rider.
Met him @ a reststop and he offered his back yard for camping because all campsites were full.......
Makes gear for touring bicycles also.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Recommend the SILVER EZ-Touring Traveler cover.
Used to get the BLACK,
but the SILVER is much more visible in low light conditions (no kidding).
The cover is used daily, year round.
Lasts around 18 x months.

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
Actually I have the UltraGuard cover. The full cover is the Nelson-Rigg. Looks like the EZ-Tour for 1/2 the bucks. Had all the colors several years ago but apparently only the silver now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts