BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a 2000 BMW K1200LT from All Seasons Sports in Wooster OH the first of Sept. 2005. When I got the bike part of the deal was a 30 day 50/50 warranty, which was written in the contract, and part of the deal before I would even buy the bike. Usually they won't give any type of warranty they said on any of their used bikes. Anyway, several weeks after I bought the bike I heard strange noised coming from the bike and took it back to the dealer and had him listen to it. Like I said before they never warranty their used bikes and didn't like the fact that the salesperson made it a part of the deal in this case. Anyway to make a long story short, they came up with the story that all K bikes make some sort of weird noise and their was nothing wrong with the bike. Now two months down the road, I'm making preparations to have the throw out bearing replaced in the bike and this was what the noise was the whole time. It might be a small claims court case I haven't made up my mind yet. No doubt they knew that there was something wrong with the bike when I took it in for them to listen to it, but didn't want to stand behind their word on a used bike thinking I might just go away and not question them. Just be careful when dealing with them, unless they make it right I know I won't. :mad:

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Did they write up a service order onthe bike that reported the noise in writing? If so, you have enough evidence to convince them to take care of the problem at the 50/50 price of repair. Otherwise you have no real evidence of the problem but just he said she said....

Always have a service request made out to properly document a problem no matter how insignificant you feel it is.

·
Premium Member
3,549 Posts
What dealer told you it needed a throw out bearing?

How much are they going to charge you to replace it?

See if you can get the part number for the LT throw out bearing.

Bob

1 - 4 of 4 Posts