BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Wrencher Extraordinaire
2005 K1200LT
14,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a visit from a serious bow echo just to the north of the house. From a tour of the neighborhood and the amount of debris and trees down it was most likely an EF1. No yard was unscathed, but we had minimal damage to a couple of trees and a tree from our next door neighbor fell on our shed. Live to ride another day.

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Yeppir - EF-1s can turn ugly in an eyeblink!! Glad you had minimal collateral damage, John.
My hometown of Baxter Springs, KS didn't fare well this time. Can't tell ya how many times we spent down in the 'Fraidy hole' during my growin' up days! We had one of the few storm shelters in our 'hood, so the basement hosted many a block party!!
Hope you're not in for another wave of 'em, John! Stay safe.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
A "bow echo"?

Glad ya'll are OK.
It's an indication on RADAR of a possible tornado either in the air or on the ground. We had one nearby last year and the echo was black. The weatherman quickly explained that was indeed a tornado and the debris in the air was causing the black echo.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Glad all is apparently well even if a shed was sacrificed. Over here in north Georgia the TV channels were making it sound like sometime during the afternoon, evening or overnight we were definitely going to see the Riders of the Apocalypse come out of the clouds! Prepardness is one thing but reporting apparent impending doom is another. All that and we got typical spring thunderstorms and 0.51" of rain here.

·
Registered
513 Posts
glad you're okay, John. you don't need to be crawling around yet.

Chris: same here. small leaves. Carol was so apprehensive she brought out 4 flashlights and sat by them all eveniing and in to the early AM. Sigh.......

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Glad to hear your area is safe
Hopes and pray it remains that way. Will be heading to MS this weekend for bereavement services so have been watching quite intently. My main observation is that the same path is being hit round after round. Hope the preparedness is sustained and you hunker down like we do in one of our blizzards. Also hope nothing interrupts your recovery.
stay safe :bmw:

·
Premium Member
2,338 Posts
Sure glad to hear you both are doing well. Our daughter and son-in-law live in Tuscaloosa and they have been getting some real rock-n-roll weather. Be safe, stay safe!

·
Premium Member
3,108 Posts
What do you call a tornado in Kansas?
Springtime.

Did you hear about the redneck who thought the wife had divorced him?
He came home and the trailer was gone.
Damned tornadoes.

How is a tornado like a handgun?
Even the small ones will kill you.

Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here all week.

·
Premium Member
7,814 Posts
I was wondering about you and Mrs. Z. today, John. Thanks for letting us know.

Lots of thunderstorms in the Fort Knox area, too - like several places around the country. Batten down the hatches. Just took a photo of an ominous cloud near my apartment.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Jean had to get John inside as he was trying to video the storm; John said he wants Jim Cantore's job at The Weather Channel.:histerica

Glad you all are safe; I think our house is still there!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Nature's just pissed you didn't go to STC. ;)

Glad you're alright ... again. :)

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
Glad you're safe in N. AL, John. Looks like our NC members need to keep a weather eye out today. All this devastation, and we can't buy a decent rainstorm here in central Tejas! Y'all be safe out there. ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts