BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put Hyperpro springs on my 09 LT, WOW, what a difference. I been reading about how great this bike handles I thought you guys were all nuts. Now I can say I was wrong. After only 18000 miles on the bike, I purchased it with 14000, the springs were way too soft to corner like a sport bike. Now the bike won,t even squat when I go hard off the line. I feel a lot more confident going into corners at speed. It,s a totally different bike.

I thank all of you for this form. I thought I would have to live with a boring bike.

·
Registered
498 Posts
keyhole said:
I thought I would have to live with a boring bike.
:wtf:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cochinosucio said:

By boring I mean it would not handle like I thought it should. If you can't go into a corner with out loose feeling. I have to go under the speed limit to feel comfortable. I think I just had bad springs, or the guy that had it before me was really big and wore the springs out.

·
Registered
478 Posts
the stiffer feel is nice. but they will still handel well on stock springs but dont give you the same connected to the road feel. i changed mine to avoid botteming out mostly two up'
but i am very impressed with the hyperpro springs overall

·
Registered
498 Posts
keyhole said:
By boring I mean it would not handle like I thought it should.
I see that I misunderstood your post. I wondered why you would bother to own an LT is it was so boring. It seems that if you wanted something to perform like a sport bike, you would buy a sport bike. If you want a LUXURY TOURING bike, you would buy an LT. It sounds like the new springs were a great improvement to what you have. Good to know for one day when I need them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
keyhole said:
Just put Hyperpro springs on my 09 LT, WOW, what a difference. I been reading about how great this bike handles I thought you guys were all nuts. Now I can say I was wrong. After only 18000 miles on the bike, I purchased it with 14000, the springs were way too soft to corner like a sport bike. Now the bike won,t even squat when I go hard off the line. I feel a lot more confident going into corners at speed. It,s a totally different bike.

I thank all of you for this form. I thought I would have to live with a boring bike.
How challenging is the install?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FuzzyWuzHe said:
How challenging is the install?

I didn't think it was difficult . It took some time removing the Tupperware. The shocks came out easy. I had a local performance shop do the spring swap. The Tec that did it was caught by surprise with how much stiffer the new springs were.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Where did you get them at? Any link to the site? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
7,653 Posts
keyhole said:
I didn't think it was difficult . It took some time removing the Tupperware. The shocks came out easy. I had a local performance shop do the spring swap. The Tec that did it was caught by surprise with how much stiffer the new springs were.
I take it you replaced both rear and front springs, correct? But you kept the stock dampers?

Matt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EPMperf.com Great to work with.

I kept the O.E. shocks. No leaks they should be good for a long time. Yes both we're springs we're replaced.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts