BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an M202 Orange Electronics TPMS system from Two Cycle Guys. I also initially asked them to send the longer stem sensors as noted by others who have installed this system.

I received the system the other day and also phone callll from Connor over at Orange Electronics regarding my longer stem sensor request.

He informed me that Orange Electronics is dissolving in the US. The parent company is in Taiwan, and negotiations over a number of topics have broken down. I cannot provide anymore details at this time.

What this means is that warranty claims for their systems will no longer be honored and spare parts will not be available :( at least for the time being. There may be a possibility that the parent company might hookup with another US entity to sell and support this line of motorcycle TPMS systems. Only time will tell.

In the interim, they are selling off whatever inventory they have left. I was able to purchase the longer stem sensors ($25 ea.) plus a couple of extra in case the battery goes in the ones I am using. The nice thing about these sensors is that as long as they are inactive (with no air pressure applied to them), they will last in storage for awhile (like a watch battery does).

I would encourage those of you that have this system to consider purchasing extra sensors to have on hand.

Orange Electronics can be reached at (513) 831-8767 x-6. You will need to leave a message for Connor. 90 Days from now they will no longer be reachable in the USA.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
493 Posts
I just purchased an M202 Orange Electronics TPMS system from Two Cycle Guys. I also initially asked them to send the longer stem sensors as noted by others who have installed this system.

I received the system the other day and also phone callll from Connor over at Orange Electronics regarding my longer stem sensor request.

He informed me that Orange Electronics is dissolving in the US. The parent company is in Taiwan, and negotiations over a number of topics have broken down. I cannot provide anymore details at this time.

What this means is that warranty claims for their systems will no longer be honored and spare parts will not be available :( at least for the time being. There may be a possibility that the parent company might hookup with another US entity to sell and support this line of motorcycle TPMS systems. Only time will tell.

In the interim, they are selling off whatever inventory they have left. I was able to purchase the longer stem sensors ($25 ea.) plus a couple of extra in case the battery goes in the ones I am using. The nice thing about these sensors is that as long as they are inactive (with no air pressure applied to them), they will last in storage for awhile (like a watch battery does).

I would encourage those of you that have this system to consider purchasing extra sensors to have on hand.

Orange Electronics can be reached at (513) 831-8767 x-6. You will need to leave a message for Connor. 90 Days from now they will no longer be reachable in the USA.

Good Luck!

Bummer, I'm only 7 years late to the party...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts