BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I finished the pages showing our Alaska trip last July (2005).
if you want to see some photos and comments you can check
http://www.viajareua.com/alaskaCanada.html

If you see something wrong or just want to comment please let me know.
I hope you enjoy those pages.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just a quick note to say thank you for the time and effort you have gone to to share this trip with us all.
Inspirational stuff. Love the Photos.
Thanks again from Nick in Queensland Australia.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I really enjoyed reading about your adventure in Alaska. What an awesome trip.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Me and my brother are originally from Alaska. Nice work in documenting the trip, me and my brother both made the alaskan trip in the beginning of May of 2002 on KLR 650's I have to say it was one of the best trips I ever made on bike or any other way. :)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
wow

What a trip, awesome pictures and one of the best looking motorcycles I've ever seen.
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1999 LTC
14,458 Posts
Wow, Elton. Helmets off to you and Elaine. What a wonderful trip. And a really great write-up with super pictures; easy to read and view.

Had to be one of those 'trips of a lifetime'. Very glad you got to do it and returned home safe and sound. My trip would have prolly ended with the Polar Bear dunk - EMS would definitely have been needed!!!

I'll gladly wait for your next Alaska trip, in four years!! And hope you guyz do the European one sometime in the future too.

Thanks a bunch for sharing your experience - a thorough lesson for anyone hoping to do a similar ride.

Best to you and Elaine.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Really enjoyed the trip report and the pictures! I have been debating on which bike to take when I go, after reading this the LT is still in the hunt! Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Elton

Just letting you know that your posting continues to be appreciated. I have a NZ friend visiting soon who is riding an Alasakan loop this summer. I was trying to find a link to a good trip report and came across yours. Fantastic, so much effort and so very useful in this circumstances. You have performed a great service to this community. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rmg08057 said:
Elton

Just letting you know that your posting continues to be appreciated. I have a NZ friend visiting soon who is riding an Alasakan loop this summer. I was trying to find a link to a good trip report and came across yours. Fantastic, so much effort and so very useful in this circumstances. You have performed a great service to this community. Thanks.
You are very welcome Ralf.Also if he/you needs any info that is not there, just send me an e-mail and I will be willing to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts