BMW Luxury Touring Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the Memorial day week-end I ordered new straps for my sheepskin butt pads from Alaska Leather, shortly after I ordered them Alaska Leather called to tell me I ordered the wrong straps. After alittle discussion it was discovered that mine had been originally been made with the wrong straps and they asked me to send them back (on their dime) so they could repair them.

I thought "WOW, thats customer service" so away they went to Alaska.

Well today they arrived in the mail and what did I find, two brand new sheepskin pads, one drivers and one pillion and a note,:dance:

" Patrick, I decided to retire your old ones and send new . I hope you don't mind.

Thanks Barb "

Now that is truly customer service . So if you need a sheepskin butt pad for your LT,I recommend Alaska Leather. They are really a class act.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I ordered 1 about a year ago for the RT I had at the time. I recieved the sheepskin 3 days after I ordered it. The oldest boy has it now on the Harley. great product, great service.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I have had of few of her pads and she is the best to deal with, and the pads are high quality.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I find it only proper to make my first post to this forum in response to the Customer Service given by Barb at Alaska Leathers.

Being a resident of Anchorage, people reading this thread have just now become aware of something riders in Alaska have known for years. Barb is the definition of Customer Service.

For those that are have not tried her sheepskin covers, something to think about. They are pretty darn good.

Alaska Leathers has finally out grown their current facilities and are moving this summer to a new location at the corner of Spenard and Minnesota. Sad thing is her current location is SO ALASKA! Anybody that has visited her store knows what I mean.

A trip to Alaska is not complete without stopping by Alaska Leathers.

Oh, BTW, I have no financial interest in Alaska Leather. Just a satisfied customer for a number of years.

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I talked with Barb at length a few years ago working on door prizes for our fledgling rally in Western Colorado. She was both gracious and helpful and sent one of their great LT size sheep skin seat covers for a door prize. She was indeed a joy to work with. I'm a committed customer.

Denny
Avonfloater

·
THE Democracy Doctor
5,694 Posts
Yes, you're right. Such customer service is unheard of!

Good info. I see they even have a "fatass" model. :D

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just wanted to give some props to Alaska Leather for their Sheared Deluxe 1" Sheepskin covers.

I ordered pads for both the driver and passenger and I am very satisfied with the quality of the product. I got these in preparation for a trip to Branson next month and it's nice to know that after the bike has been sitting out in the sun for a while that neither my wife or I will burn our buns on a hot vinyl seat!

They are very comfy too! :)

·
Registered
929 Posts
midwestrider said:
Just wanted to give some props to Alaska Leather for their Sheared Deluxe 1" Sheepskin covers.

I ordered pads for both the driver and passenger and I am very satisfied with the quality of the product. I got these in preparation for a trip to Branson next month and it's nice to know that after the bike has been sitting out in the sun for a while that neither my wife or I will burn our buns on a hot vinyl seat!

They are very comfy too! :)
My wife and I love our set. My wife's looks new. Mine--not so much. Might have to think about getting a new one for me... :rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts